Are you tired of answering the question of “what’s for dinner” every single night? Do you feel as though you are cooking the same thing all the time? Are you tired of trying to find a healthy dinner that everyone can enjoy as a family? If you are a parent then chances are that you have answered “yes” to one or more of these in the past. The good news is though that you can prepare healthy and delicious meals that don’t take a ton of time to prepare.
This can take the guesswork out of things, but more importantly can offer healthy nutritious foods to your family too. If you want an added bonus let your kids help you to think up some good ideas that you can incorporate into the rotation. Think of some standard options and then also research some healthy dinner recipes online. Let them help you to select and then prepare these healthy meals, and then they will be much more motivated to eat it too.
A healthy dinner that the whole family can enjoy isn’t as hard as you might think. These meal ideas can appeal to the entire family as they can be scaled back or customized for the picky eater. Anytime you let kids pick their toppings or create their own culinary masterpiece, then it only adds to the allure. Here are some surefire winners in the healthy dinner department.
- Turkey Tacos: Swap out the ground beef for ground turkey for a healthier alternative. Offer toppings such as beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, olives, guacamole, salsa, and whole wheat tortillas. You can even offer chicken for the pickier eater that you can cook up in advance. Kids love to create their own taco, this is a healthier way to do it, and it’s so easy to put together that you can do it in a snap. That is truly a winning combination for all.
- Stir Fry: You can find some prepackaged stir fry veggies at the store to cut back on the chopping time. Mix in favorites like peapods, peppers, onions, broccoli, and add in some bean sprouts for crunch. You can add in some chicken and even mix up a scrambled egg into things for a nice addition. Serve over brown rice with some low sodium soy sauce as the only real add in that you need to add flavoring and hold everything together.
- Breakfast For Dinner: Kids absolutely love breakfast for dinner, and it’s so easy and healthy. You can make omelets with their favorite toppings like low sodium ham, peppers, mushrooms, and cheese. You can make whole grain pancakes or waffles. Even something like a lower fat Eggs Benedict can be great to make if you hold the hollandaise sauce. Let the kids get involved by chopping up fruit or picking what they want, but this takes the burden off of you and makes a healthy dinner option overall.
- Potato Bar: Everybody starts with a medium sized potato or sweet potato as their basis. Then put out the toppings to pick from including broccoli, tomatoes, salsa, low fat sour cream or Greek yogurt, low sodium bacon, and so much more. Again kids love to make their own anything, and this is a great way to put out what you have and offer it up in a creative and very healthy manner.
- Soup and Salad: Let the kids pick their favorite salad toppings including seeds, cheese, and even croutons so that they are sure to eat it. Mix up a pot of their favorite soup like chicken noodle or a nice turkey chili. A healthy dinner doesn’t have to be elaborate to be delicious, and this is a perfect example of a healthy meal that you can prepare quickly and which appeals to everyone. This is how to enjoy dinner time again and make it healthy all at the same time.
Picniic is the family assistant that helps families become more organized, productive, and connected than ever before. Featured as the best family organizer by: CBS, Forbes, USA Today, Time Magazine, Product Hunt, and The Boston Globe. Picniic simplifies family life so you can spend more time doing what you love, and less time organizing it. All family members (mom, dad, kids, caregivers, etc.) can easily access Picniic via iPhone, iPad, and web to keep everyone organized and on the same page, with features such as: family locator, shared family calendar, shopping lists, grocery lists, recipe tips, meal planners, information lockers, and more. The friendly Picniic user interface is easy to navigate and fun to use for every kind of family. Sign up today! http://picniic.com/